Latest dispatches from the campaign trail
Posted by David N. Bass at 09:20 AM
- The conservative group Judicial Watch files an ethics complaint against U.S. Rep. Bob Etheridge, D-2nd, for alleged assault.
- U.S. House ethics investigations, including one for N.C.ís own Mel Watt, a Democrat from the 12th Congressional District, advance.
- Latest Rasmussen Reports poll finds that 52 percent still favor repeal of the health care law, the lowest opposition since it passed in March.
- Gallup poll: In 2010, self-identified conservatives still outnumber liberals, moderates.
- A Fayetteville Observer article explores the political dynamics for both parties in N.C.'s 8th Congressional District.
- Latest generic congressional ballot survey from Rasmussen has Republicans leading 44-38 percent over Democrats.
- The Associated Press fact checks Richard Burr, Elaine Marshall on fundraising statements, and finds them wanting.
» Return to posts for June 29, 2010
» Return to the Locker Room