Latest dispatches from the campaign trail
Posted by David N. Bass at 09:23 AM
- GOP rivals in the 13th Congressional District argue over credentials.
- WCCB-TV in Charlotte has a good video report on the Tim D'Annunzio, Harold Johnson runoff in the 8th Congressional District.
- In video, Republican Bill Randall, congressional candidate in the 13th, suggests the feds and BP caused the oil spill on purpose.
- Congressman Heath Shuler, D-11th, is polling under 50 percent. His GOP opponent, Jeff Miller, is at 34 percent compared to Shuler's 46 percent.
- The left-leaning Public Policy Polling says the Vitter, Burr U.S. Senate seats are the most vulnerable to Democratic challengers this year.
- N.C. GOP Chairman Tom Fetzer calls for an investigation into the Bob Etheridge attack incident.
- More from PPP: Harold Johnson is favored in the 8th Congressional District runoff.
- Democrat Me Watt of N.C.'s 12th Congressional District is being investigated over fundraisers held close to financial reform vote.
» Return to posts for June 17, 2010
» Return to the Locker Room