SBE "needs" an additional $385 million
Posted by Dr. Terry Stoops at 08:10 AM
Supplemental budget request time is right around the corner, and the State Board of Education claims that it needs an additional $385.7 million, a five percent increase over this year's budget.
Big ticket items include:
• $40 million for More at Four
• $38 million for mentors
• $20 million for child nutrition
• $60 million to equip middle school classrooms with gadgets
• $40 million for children with disabilities
• $86 million for the Disadvantaged Student Supplemental Fund
Fun Facts: In addition to more money for literacy coaches, the State Board of Education will request $2.3 million for data coaches. Data coaches are individuals that will "help school systems to use test data to improve student performance."
» Return to posts for March 05, 2008
» Return to the Locker Room